Studying in Poland is a nice choice; it is a lovely country with a nice geographical location and cultural heritage. Poland has a total of 501 universities and colleges with 131 being public government funded and 326 being private that offer programmes thought in English, these include medicine, engineering, humanities, business and finance.
If you intend to study in Poland as a Nigerian International Student, I’ve compiled ten of the best schools you can choose from here. After gaining admission into a Polish university, you’ll require a National student visa to travel. The Poland student visa is issued to international students whom have been given a conditional offer of admission by a public or private but reputable and well-known university or institution to study or participate in a full time course, vocation or programme. The maximum length of stay is 3 to 12 months.
Poland Student Visa Registration Procedure
In order to begin your Poland student visa application from Nigeria, you must register for a visa appointment, you can begin this process at www.e-konsulat.gov.pl, click on Visas. Then, choose your period of intended stay as “National visa – register form”. This visa type is for 3-12 months i.e. work visa, study visa, etc.
The system will show you available appointment dates, which are granted independently of the embassy, based on its capacity and applicants’ demand.
After you complete the online application form (make sure to click “submit” and/or “print”), a PDF document will pop up. Please save, print and bring it along with you to the appointment. The exact appointment time will be visible on the last page of the PDF form.
The Poland student visa applications are submitted at the Polish embassy, located in Abuja, applications are to be personally submitted by the visa applicants for full acceptance of the visa application, applications submitted by post, courier or anybody else than the applicants will be refused. All supporting documents should be brought along with your application form.
In order to be eligible for a Poland student visa you must have the following supporting documents and requirements;
- A valid International passport; whose expiry date is six months longer than that of the visa, requested with a minimum of three (3) consecutive empty pages.You can process your international passport at your nearest immigration office. Click here for our article on how to process your international passport
- Copy of passport data page and previous visas;
- A Visa fee of N20,400 in cash payable at the Polish embassy
- 2 passport-type photographs (en face, color, white background, no glasses, no hats)
- Travel medical insurance valid for the entire period of intended stay plus at least 2 days; valid for all Schengen countries; minimum coverage €30,000. Click here for our article on where to get your travel insurance
- Flight reservation (round trip)
- Copy of Polish university’s admission conditional and final acceptance letter
- All documents required by the institution during university admission’s application such as school transcripts, certificates, birth certificates, etc
- Confirmation of payment of fees to the Polish university or institute
- Documents for legalization, this includes original and photocopies of legalized birth records, school certificates and academic records (Bachelor degree, WAEC, etc) used for obtaining your admission to the polish university or institute from the Ministry of Education, Foreign Affairs and the Polish embassy. Documents legalization fee is N10,200 per page. Click here for more information on Legalization of documents;
- Hotel reservation or proof of another accommodation; for applicants planning to stay with family or friends or being sponsored by Polish/EU citizens in any other way, an invitation registered with appropriate Polish authorities(Urzad Wojewodzki) is required;
- Documents regarding applicant’s sufficient means of subsistence during intended stay, such as: introduction letter from employer with employer’s consent for travel; salary pay slips; proof of business ownership; personal/business bank account statements (6 Months); proof of income generated by property; letter from sponsor and documents regarding sponsor’s financial situation;
- Documents regarding applicants’ family situation (marriage/birth certificates)
- Minors travelling alone or with one parent – additional documents;
- Letter of consent from parent(s)/legal guardian(s) done in the presence of a Notary Public and super legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Birth certificate of the minor
- National ID card/passport of parent(s) or legal guardian(s)
Poland Student Visa Application Process
The Polish Embassy in Abuja is responsible for processing visa applications from nationals and legal residents of Nigeria. The Polish study visa application process takes duration of 14 working days.
Poland Embassy In Nigeria
10 River Niger,
Off Danube Street,
Phone +234-8052-000204, +234-8076-631021
Note: If you will like to read various posts on top schools, visas and immigration like this, especially on Traveling to foreign countries such as Tourism, Education, Visiting and Permanent Visa and Immigration to USA, UK, Australia, Europe including France, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland, please subscribe to our newsletter below. We will send you updates any time there’s a new post. We promise it is 100% spam free!