Australia is a beautiful island country and continent located on the west of the Indian Ocean and the east of the South Pacific Ocean. It is also surrounded by 4 seas and 10 islands namely the Arafura Sea, Timor Sea, Tasman Sea and Coral Sea, Norfolk Island, Cocos Island and Torres Strait, etc. Its climate is mostly tropical and temperate with most of its region being coastal, arid and semi-arid.
Its people are mostly multicultural in religion and lifestyle. Its vast population includes Anglo-Celtic, Aborigines, Torres Strait islanders, Chinese, Indian, Greeks, German, and Dutch with over 250 indigenous languages including a sign language known as Auslan.
Australia is a highly urbanized country with urban cities which includes Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, etc. It is also a central hub for arts, culture, architecture and history, etc. These heritages are as follows; the Sydney Opera House, Daintree National Park, Waterfront Bicentennial Park, the Sydney Harbour bridge, Queen Victoria Museum, Cataract Gorge, the Blue Mountains, and the Great Barrier Reef, etc. Other tourist attractions include freshwater swimming, artsy festivals, wineries, food markets, whale-watching, motorcycle racing, snorkeling, etc.
When you actually intend to visit Australia for a holiday, you’ll require an Australian visitor visa subclass 600. This is a Tourist visa required if you intend to visit for a holiday, relatives or friends visit, other short-term non-work purposes, including study for less than 3 months.
Other available visa types for Australia include; Business visitor, Student study visa 500, Temporary work subclass 400, Transit visa subclass 771, Partner visa 309-100, and other Family visa subclass 116.
Always ensure that you provide a neat and complete application as well as accurate supporting documents when applying to the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) for visa processing. False documentation could lead to visa approval delays and outright bans. Use this checklist to confirm that your application is complete, include this checklist when submitting your application at the Australia visa application centre. Do not make arrangements to travel to Australia until your visa has been approved. Family members who want to travel to Australia with you must lodge separate visa applications. You cannot include them in your application.
Australia Tourist Visa Application Requirements
- A valid international passport for travel to Australia with at least six months travels duration beyond your intended stay duration. In order to get your passport, visit an immigration office in your state, you can read up on that here
- Properly completed visa applications Form 1419A, click here, register for your ImmiAccount and proceed to fill online. Application form must be properly signed and dated
- An applicant under the age of 18 must provide Form 157N – nomination of a guardian in Australia, Form 1229 – Consent form, consent letter, or sole custody notarized court order for a single parent, proposed care arrangement and evidence of money held by parent or legal guardian
- A copy of the parent or legal guardian bio-data page of their current passport for children under the age of 18
- One recent colour passport photograph in size 45 mm x 35 mm and white background
- Photocopy of international passport bio data page
- Birth certificate or government issued ID to verify your identity
- Evidence of financial capacity for indicating your ability or your sponsor’s ability to pay for travel expenses, accommodation costs, and tourism activities. This can be indicated with six months bank statements indicating influx and outflow of cash through valid legal means to your account
- Previous passports or visas and stamps to indicate your travel history
- A certified copy of your marriage certificate if you’re married
- Health assessment certificate and evidence of chest x-ray screening, polio and yellow fever vaccination certificate. Click here for DFBP approved physicians
- A comprehensive travel health insurance cover for your total stay duration in Australia. Click here for travel insurance suggestions
- Police clearance certificate assessment for character. For guidelines on how to apply for your character certificate, click here
- Evidence of employment details if any i.e. current employment letter, company reference letter, etc
- Your intended itinerary for stay in Australia such as airport pickup, hotel accommodation receipts, flight tickets, etc
- Evidence of residential address, significant properties and assets that will serve as a motivation for your return to Nigeria
- A prepaid courier envelope addressed to you for documents return
Application Process, Submission and Collection
The Australian tourist visa application process includes the following;
- Open an ImmiAccount, fill all online forms appropriately
- Update passport details
- Scan all documents
- Attach scanned copies to your online application when asked.
- Provide certified copies of your documents.
- Submit all documents with your application
- Provide biometric information via visa application centre i.e. Teleperformance Contact Centre
After you have applied, any additional documentation you need to submit should be uploaded into ImmiAccount. If you provide your documents through any other channel, it will result in processing delays. Do not make arrangements to travel to Australia or leave your job until you have received notification from us, in writing, that you have been granted a visa.
A Transaction Reference Number (TRN) will be issued to you for visa application tracking, this is a unique number assigned to each online application. You will need this to identify your application when you communicate with the DIBP and check your visa entitlements. Most applications will take about four weeks to process depending on your application eligibility.
If a visa is granted to you, the DIBP will let you know the visa number and the necessary conditions attached to the visa via email or your ImmiAccount.
- Download and complete your Form 1419A, ensure that it is duly signed and dated
- Book an appointment at the Australia Visa Application Centre; Teleperformance contact centre via this link
- Submit your application form, supporting documents and biometric data. Please use the checklist
- Pay your visa application fees with cash and exact change at the cash counter in the visa application centre
- Register your biometric data and fingerprints
Australia Tourist Visa fees
Visa fees costs Aus$135 (N21, 295) to apply, but you’ll be required to pay additional surcharges for biometrics and COT for credit cards (if you use online payments). This is due for payment during your application; it can be paid online using MasterCard, PayPal, Visa or at the Teleperformance Lagos and Abuja locations. Click here for extra TLS service
For further Information, click here
Visa Application Centre Address
Australia Visa Application Centre Lagos
Teleperformance Contact Processing Services Ltd
5th & 6th Floors, Etiebets place,
21 Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way
Australia Visa Application Centre Abuja
Teleperformance Contact Processing Services Ltd
3rd Floor, Yakub Plaza,
Plot 1129, Zakariya Maimalari Street, Opposite War College,
Central Business Area, Abuja
Australia High Commission Nigeria
5th Floor, Oakland Centre
48 Aguiyi Ironsi Street
Note: If you will like to read various posts on top schools, visas and immigration like this, especially on Traveling to foreign countries such as Tourism, Education, Visiting and Permanent Visa and Immigration to USA, UK, Australia, Europe including France, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland, please subscribe to our newsletter below. We will send you updates any time there’s a new post. We promise it is 100% spam free!