The Federal Republic of Germany which consists of 16 states is the largest country in Central Europe; it is surrounded by Denmark, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, France, Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands. Germany is one of the most culturally diverse and influential European nations. It is one of the world’s economic powerhouses and also boasting one of the largest economies in Europe. It is admired around the world for its innovative engineering, high-tech products and cars; it is the third largest in exports.
Germany has a highly skilled labour force, a competitive capital stock market, and home to large conglomerates which include Mercedes-Benz, BMW, SAP, Volkswagen, Audi, Siemens, Allianz, Adidas, Porsche, Lufthansa and DHL. Berlin has also developed a thriving hub for startup companies and a leading location for venture capital funded firms in the Europe.
At Travellounge, we decided to look into the Germany visa and immigration criterion for getting a work permit visa, here’s a detailed outline of what we came up with.
Germany Visa And Immigration Details
The work permit visa issued for Germany is regarded under the Long Term Visa or National Visa ranking of more than 90 days. This is issued to individuals travelling to Germany for work and approved by the German consulate in Lagos.
All German visa and immigration applicants must schedule an application appointment via an online booking on this page. An appointment date will be given to you by e-mail; you have to apply in person and include all necessary supporting documents + two photocopies each, this should be provided to avoid unnecessary delays with processing or outright rejections.
Germany Visa Application Requirements
- International passport with a validity period of six (6) months, also include two photocopies of your passport bio data page
- Two passport photographs in dimensions of 35mm x 40 mm with 70-80% close up, with one attached to the application form and one loose
- A copy of a properly completed Visa Application Form inclusive of your Questionnaire answered according to section 54 (6) of the Residence Act, and your immigration declaration in accordance with section 55 (2) of the Residence Act. The forms can be downloaded here
- Curriculum Vitae of professional career stating certificates or diplomas you have obtained
- Primary and secondary school certificates such as WAEC, etc
- Germany university degree or Nigerian university degree equivalent
- Birth certificate from the National Population Commission or age declaration from the head of your family
- Biologically old documents to verify your identity
- Work contract with a German company including salary information, special duties, work conditions, and time frame of contract
- Letter of consent from the German Federal Employment Agency
- Prepaid courier envelope by any major courier service
- Travel insurance policy confirmation letter and photocopy.
- Six months bank account statement or travellers cheque.
- Visa fee payment receipt, this is payable in Naira according to exchange rates only in cash at the time of visa application submission. The Germany visa fee costs €60.00 (N20,976) for Nigeria, click here for confirmation.
Germany Visa Application Processing
Germany visa and immigration application process takes at least 4 weeks from date of submission. Visa applications to Germany are accepted from Mondays to Fridays by 06:30AM this excludes public holidays.
Germany High Commission in Lagos
15, Walter Carrington Crescent,