This list has been especially combined for Nigerian international students who would love to go for their postgraduate studies in these countries; Canada, the United Kingdom and United States of America. Travellounge came up with this list in order to aid in your search for a suitable scholarship choice. You can also check out their sites for more information.
- Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship
The Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship is an award designed to attract and retain world-class doctoral students who would contribute to the Canadian brand as an entity with global excellence in research and higher learning. The scholarship is awarded to students in the fields of natural science, engineering, social sciences and health. The scholarship is available to both Canadian and international PhD students.
To be eligible for the award of this scholarship, a candidate must:
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident in Canada or an international student
- Have been nominated by one Canadian university with Vanier Canadian Graduate allocation
- Be pursuing first doctoral degree
- Have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent
Click here for more information
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
The University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships (UMGF) are merit-based awards that are open to students of any nationality who will be registered as full-time graduate students (Masters or PhD) at the University of Manitoba.
For more information visit here
- Nelson Mandela Leader Of Tomorrow Scholarship
The Nelson Mandela Leaders Of Tomorrow scholarship named after the great former South African president is designed for young students who would become leaders in public policy and administration. The annual scholarship is awarded to students in public administration, public finances and public policy with two components; academic and professional.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the candidate must:
- Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan country, as well as must be a permanent resident in the country
- Be proficient in English or French
- Be between 22 and 35 years old during the duration of the program
- Have worked full-time for a minimum and maximum of two and five years respectively
- Have met all the requirements it takes to gain admission into a master’s degree programme in Canada
After completion of their academic files, candidates would be assessed based on:
- Academic excellence
- Potential contribution of the proposed course of study to the candidate’s country
- Professional experience
- Recommendation letters from notable entities
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Relevance and merit of the course of study
The United Kingdom
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students
The Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students is a full scholarship programme awarded to students from outside the United Kingdom who wish to pursue any course of study offered by the prestigious University of Cambridge.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the students must:
- Not be a citizen or resident of the United Kingdom
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
For more information visit here
- Clarendon Fund Scholarships at Oxford University
The Clarendon Fund Scholarship at the prestigious Oxford University is a full scholarship programme awarded to student who have excelled academically and have the potential to contribute massively to their home country upon completion of the programme. It is opened to all students including those outside the United Kingdom and offers all subjects offered in the Oxford University.
For more information visit here
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
The Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study in the UK are offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, one must meet the following requirements
- Applicant must be a Commonwealth citizen, British protected person or refugee
- Applicant must be a permanent resident in a Commonwealth nation
- The applicant must hold either a first degree not lower than 2.1 or a relevant postgraduate qualification
- The applicant must be willing and ready to start to work with the UK academic calendar
Terms and conditions for application can be found here
Also visit here for more information
United States of America
- Stanford MBA Fellowship
The Stanford MBA Fellowship scholarships for Africans wishing to study at Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business on the MBA program. Applicants should show commitment to the development of their home country.
Eligibility and Application
You must be African residing in Africa.
Stanford Africa MBA Fellows must first be selected as finalists through the fellowship application process. Stanford will select up to 100 Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship finalists based on:
If you are not selected as a Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship finalist, you remain welcome to apply to the Stanford MBA Program in any application round and you will remain eligible to receive other forms of financial aid.
To apply, applicants would have to send:
- One page curriculum vitae or resume
- 250-word essay on how you plan to make an impact on the continent
- Individual financial information
- Awards which could be either academic, personal or professional
- Finalists would be required to submit unofficial copies in the MBA application and upon admission would have to submit official copies
- You may also submit the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), if available. These are optional at the fellowship application stage. If you are selected as a finalist, you’ll be required to take one of these exams as part of your application to the Stanford MBA Program.
For further information visit here
- 7UP Harvard Business School Scholarship for Nigerian Students
The 7up Harvard Business School Scholarship is a program for only Nigerian students who would want to study at the Harvard Business School in the USA. It is strictly an MBA program.
Eligibility & Application process
For one to be eligible to apply for this program he/she must have secured admission to study for the 2-year MBA program at the Harvard Business School.
After successfully securing admission, the applicant should their letter to the board. All eligible applicants (Nigerian citizens resident in Nigeria who have gained admission to HBS) would then be invited for multiple rounds of interviews with SevenUp Bottling Company Executives to determine their fit with SBC’s vision for the scholarship.
It is important to note that the Harvard Business School MBA application process is separate. Seven-Up only assesses candidates after they have successfully navigated the entire HBS MBA application process on their own.